Here we are at the end of our fall shares. The time has buzzed by so fast. We all want to sincerely thank you for you support, kindness and friendship.
We are very excited for season 2018 shares as well some new surprises in our locally grown food endeavors. We can’t wait for you to see what we have in store for you! We now have 2018 share dates listed for your planning.
This weeks shares shares include a great recipe for Acorn Squash Stuffed With Red Quinoa. We know you’ll enjoy it!
- Quince ~ Great for fall preserves
- Persimmons ~ These are great diced and put into green salads, eaten raw or dried
- Pomegranates ~ Sweet and tart. Tarts are perfect for topping salads, sweet potatoes or juicing
- Baby Leeks
- Green Onions
- Sunchokes (Jerusalem Artichokes) ~ Keep in a Ziplock bag, in the refrigerator
- Acorn Squash
- And our thank you, a pumpkin on a stick! Great for decoration.
While shares are over this week we will continue to have produce through the fall and various greens, winter squash, a few greenhouse cucumbers and tomatoes and root crops into winter. So don’t starve yourself of local produce!
Have a WONDERFUL fall and winter! See ya soon!
One thought on “Week 10 of Fall Shares”
A huge thanks to you and the girls for all your hard work to provide us with such amazing produce. Our family is sad that shares for the year have come to an end. We have enjoyed spring, summer and fall produce this year with you and it’s been the best year yet! Can’t wait for spring!