I don’t know about you guys, but ever since my tomatoes have started producing I have had some serious salsa cravings. The kind of salsa that starts out with that sun ripened sweet tomato flavor ends with a mild jalapeño tingle. So here is the ultimate summer salsa recipe.
In a small bowl combine all the ingredients and chill for 1 hour. Serve with tortilla or pita chips.
- 2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
And my secret ingredient, that brings just the right flavor enhancement…… add about 1/8 teaspoon of cajan seasoning.