What you will need
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 8oz of tofu or farm cheese cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp mild Indian curry paste (madras or balti)
- 2 large green chiles (optional), deseeded and chopped
- 1 lb spinach roughly chopped
- A handful of chopped fresh cilantro, leaves and stems included
- 1/2 cup light cream
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
- Basmati rice and warm naan bread, to serve (optional
Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan over high heat and cook the cubes of cheese for 2-3 minutes, turning often, until golden all over. Remove the cheese to a plate and set aside until needed.
Add the butter to the pan and when sizzling hot, add the curry paste and green chiles and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cilantro and cook for 3-4 minutes, until all the spinach has wilted, then stir in the cream.
Put the mixture in a food processor and process until the sauce is thick and smooth. Return the pan, add the cheese and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes, to warm the cheese through.
Serve the curry spooned over basmati rice with warm naan bread on the side, if you like.